Over the last few months I’ve been on a mission to reform my picky eater husband. I’ve taken real strides toward exposing him to different foods other than just steak and fried chicken fingers which are his two absolute favorites. And actually it’s been quite successful.
In addition to trying new things, I’ve also been introducing new flavors and spices. And to my surprise he’s taken a real liking towards spicy foods, much more than I ever expected.
So when I saw these spicy creole chicken wraps in Food Network’s magazine, I instantly wanted to try them. They have a ton of kick to them! I was even able to get away with hiding the mayonnaise, which he hates.
I only told him after he ate everything that the dreaded ingredient was hidden inside!! He still ate the leftover wrap the next day for lunch. I guess that’s how you really know something is good, when someone is willing to eat something that they normally despise!
Creole Chicken Wraps
from Food Network
For the Rub:
2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Wraps:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 pieces flatbread (I used store-bought)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Make the rub: Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Prepare the wraps: Whisk the mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the rub in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat a grill to medium high. Toss the chicken with 3 tablespoons rub and olive oil. Grill the chicken til done. Transfer to a cutting board.
4. Wipe the grill clean and brush with more oil. Lay the bread on the grill, then brush with the spiced mayonnaise and top with mozzarella. Grill until the bottom is marked, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
5. Cube the chicken and arrange down the center of each piece of bread. Roll up and wrap with parchment paper or foil to seal. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato.