It has been years since I’ve had a good Ambrosia Salad. This used to be a picnic/holiday dinner staple for most families years ago. So when I saw someone post the recipe on Facebook recently, it pulled at my nostalgic heartstrings.
I decided to dust off this classic and make a batch for Easter dinner. I’m so glad that I did because it tasted just as delicious as I remembered!
There’s just something about the combination of sweet Cool Whip, coconut, mini marshmallows and fruits. The longer it sits, the better it gets. The flavors just blend together so perfectly and it hits that sweet tooth craving just where it needs to.
And besides tasting so yummy, the recipe is so easy to throw together. Have you had ambrosia salad lately?
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 15 oz can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 12 oz maraschino cherries; drained, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the cool whip, mixing well.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Chill overnight.
Recipe from Spaceships and Laser Beams.
Leave a Reply