Looking for a fun and colorful twist on marshmallow krispie treats? Look no further than these Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Crispy Treats. I topped mine with a drizzle of white chocolate to give them more sweetness, if that’s even possible lol.
These came about unplanned after a disaster attempt at some smore’s marshmallow treats. I wasn’t happy with the end result so I was looking for some way to redeem myself.
That’s when I saw the leftover Fruity Pebbles cereal from my Fruity Pebbles White Chocolate Chip Cookies. I grabbed my remaining marshallows and went to town.
I loved how colorful they turned out but I thought they needed something extra. So I melted some leftover white chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzled it on top. Much better!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 - 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows and cook until completely melted and combined with the butter.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in the cereal just until combined. Pour the mixture into the pan and press slightly.
- (optional) Melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips in the microwave just until smooth. Transfer to a sandwich bag. Squeeze chocolate into one of the corners and snip the bag tip with scissors. Drizzle chocolate over the top of Fruity Pebbles treats.
Leave a Reply