I admit, all the hype around the newest kitchen gadget, the Instant Pot, sucked me in. Big time. I decided around Christmas that I “needed” one asap. But boy was it hard to get my hands on one!
I finally was able to order one on Amazon a little over a month ago. And even though I’ve only used it to cook white rice so far, it’s been well worth the investment.
It only takes 12 minutes to cook the most perfect, fluffy white rice. It’s so easy to just throw three simple ingredients into the Instant Pot while cooking the rest of your meal.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Rinse your rice until water runs clear. Put rinsed rice into the Instant Pot.
- Add the water and a pinch of salt.
- Lock the lid and set the steam release valve to "sealing" position.
- Select the "rice" button for 12 minutes.
- When it's finished, let it sit for an additional 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure, open Instant Pot and fluff rice before serving.
Leave a Reply