Yep, you read that right. Sloppy Joes in dip form! Since football season is officially in full swing, I love throwing ingredients in the crockpot for a fun, delicious dip. This one couldn’t be any easier.
If you’ve got some Sloppy Joe lovers in your household, you really can’t go wrong with this one. I keep thinking it would have been great to use as a hotdog topper as well! Kinda like a chili cheese dog but one that tastes like Sloppy Joes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 15 oz can sloppy joe sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chips of your choice
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, cook onions and pepper in the olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat then dump meat, onion and pepper mixture into the crockpot.
- Add the sloppy joe sauce, cream cheese and shredded cheese. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 - 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from Buns In My Oven.
Leave a Reply