These pumpkin cookies are to die for! They are moist and fluffy and taste just like a delicious piece of pumpkin cake. The original recipe called for icing on top but I don’t think they need it at all.
I love that they stayed nice and thick when baked and didn’t flatten out. The recipe makes a pretty big batch of pumpkin cookies. I used a small cookie scoop and got 56 cookies from one batch.
I highly recommend this recipe. These cookies are so, so good and perfect for any time of the year!
- 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In your stand mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until combined. Beat in the pumpkin.
- Gradually beat in the flour a little at a time until it is all mixed in. The dough will be pretty thick and sticky.
- Drop by cookie scoop or teaspoon onto a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Cook 10 - 11 minutes or until the tops are set. Let rest a minute before transferring to cooling racks.
Original recipe from Parent Pretty.
Leave a Reply