This pulled pork recipe is very versatile just like my Salsa Chicken is. These kind of crockpot meals are great for weekends when you have tons of other things to get done and you don’t want to have to be in the kitchen long.
All you have to do is put all the ingredients together and come back in 6 hours. You still get a great home cooked meal without slaving over the oven all afternoon.
We ate this pulled pork in soft taco shells as the original recipe intended but you could use it many other ways. It would also make a great topping for a delicious salad!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 12 oz jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Place pork in the base of your crockpot. In a small bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over pork.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until pork can be pulled apart easily. When done, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat. Serve as desired.
Recipe from Can You Stay For Dinner
Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking says
Mexican pulled pork is one of my favorite summertime meals to make! Yours looks so delicious and full of flavor. You have a lovely blog and I’m so glad to have found it. 🙂 I’m going to check out more of what you’ve got now!
Thank you Georgia! This recipe keeps the pork so moist and tender. Thanks for commenting!