Quesadillas are one of my favorite go-to quick and easy meals for a busy work night. They only take a few seconds to throw together and a few minutes on the stove top. I usually make ours with chicken but recently decided to try something new.
We’ve eaten the Lloyd’s BBQ pulled pork before on sandwich buns and really liked it. So I wondered if it would taste just as good as a quesadilla. So I gave it a whirl!
I had some corn and black beans left over from a recipe the night before so I thought I would add those into the mix as well. Let me say, these are yummy! And a bit messy, but that’s ok with us.
The Lloyd’s barbecued pulled pork is a bit on the tangy side and has a bit of bite to it. The corn added just a hint of sweetness to the mix. I really enjoyed these and I know we’ll be making them again!
- 4 flour tortillas (burrito sized)
- 1 tub of Lloyd’s bbq pulled pork (or any brand you prefer)
- 8 oz bag shredded cheese of your choice (I used a fiesta blend)
- ½ cup canned corn (optional)
- ½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- Heat a flat pan on medium (I use a round pancake pan).
- Lay down 1 tortilla shell.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheese evenly over the tortilla.
- Add a generous helping of the prepared, pre-cooked barbecue pulled pork and spread evenly.
- Top with corn and black beans.
- Add a generous layer of cheese over everything. Top with another tortilla shell.
- Let cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until cheeses start to melt and the bottom tortilla is starting to brown.
- Very carefully, flip over your quesadilla. You’ll want to do this quickly or else your ingredients will fall out everywhere.
- Let cook for another 3 – 4 minutes until this side starts to brown. Do not walk away and check frequently because quesadillas can burn fast if you’re not careful.
- Remove to a cutting board and let set for a few minutes. Cut and enjoy!
Leave a Reply