Once I discovered just how easy and quick it was to make mashed potatoes in a crockpot, I’ve never turned back! I don’t know about you but it seems like I’m forever waiting for a pot of water to boil. Not anymore for these potatoes!
This super simple recipe makes an effortless batch of creamy homemade mashed potatoes. All you need to do is peel and cube the potatoes then toss them in the crockpot. Add some salt, pepper, broth and butter.
Walk away and spend your time doing something more fun than watching water boil! Later in the afternoon your potatoes will be nice and soft and ready for a good mashing.
You can either mash them by hand, like I usually do, or use an electric hand mixer. Gradually add some milk until you get the consistency that you prefer.
Your potatoes will be creamy and melt in your mouth yummy. This mashed potato recipe makes for a great base for adding lots of other great flavors for fun.
You can easily add in some sour cream, chives, cream cheese, bacon, garlic, cheeses and more! The possibilities are endless.
Our favorite way to eat them is with my 3 ingredient crockpot chicken and gravy. Tastes just like Thanksgiving!
This is my go-to recipe for the holidays as well. When you have so many other things to make, it’s nice to have the crockpot working away on your potatoes for you. Then right before dinner, you just mash and go!
- 8 - 10 potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
- Drop cubed potatoes into the crockpot.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour in broth and top with butter.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or until potatoes are fork tender and falling apart.
- Mash by hand or with an electric hand mixer, adding milk until desired consistency is achieved.
Leave a Reply