Doesn’t this Peanut Butter Pie look heavenly? It tasted just as good as it looks, if not better! And it was so incredibly quick and easy to make.
I cheated and used a store bought, pre-made Oreo pie crust for my peanut butter pie. Feel free to swap out any fresh homemade crust you prefer for this recipe.
In addition to the pie crust and optional decorative toppings, this recipe requires only 4 other simple ingredients. Once you have the crust of your choice, it will take you only a matter of minutes to put this pie together.
You simply cream together a block of cream cheese, some powdered sugar and peanut butter. Fold in some Cool Whip and transfer the mixture to your pie crust.
Don’t be alarmed, like I was, at how thick this peanut butter pie mixture is. It’s completely normal for this recipe. To me it looks almost like a thick fudge or cookie dough, which I wasn’t expecting.
Top your peanut butter pie with additional Cool Whip and add toppings if you’d like. I had some Nestle mini chocolate chips lying around so I sprinkled some on top with some mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
I finished with a drizzle of Reese’s Peanut Butter Topping I picked up at Wal-mart. Poof, instant peanut butter pie!
This pie is so rich, thick and decadent. A small slice is all you’ll need to satisfy your sweet tooth. But oh boy is it good!
- Pre-made Oreo pie crust
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1 King Size (2.5 oz) bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup unwrapped minis (optional)
- handful of Nestle Mini Morsels (optional)
- Reese's Peanut Butter Topping (optional)
- With an electric mixer; cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter. It will be very thick.
- Fold in half (8 oz) of the Cool Whip. Transfer to the pie crust and smooth evenly.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip. Add mini peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips. Drizzle with peanut butter sauce.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.
Recipe adapted from Mandy’s Recipe Box.
Leave a Reply