I know it’s not really the season for hot soups and chili but it is the season to get away from a hot stove and still make an easy hearty meal. This Classic Crockpot Chili can be assembled quickly in the morning and feed an army by supper time.
All you need to do is take a few minutes to brown some meat along with onions and green peppers. Toss that in the crockpot with a few other ingredients and you’re done!
I used ground beef and sausage in mine but feel free to use all ground beef if you prefer. This crockpot chili would also work nicely with ground turkey as well.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 30 oz can tomato sauce
- 15.5 oz can chili beans
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a large skillet with the onions and green pepper. Drain fat. Dump browned mixture into a large crockpot.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 - 7 hours (or on high for 4 - 5 hrs).
Adapted from Julie’s Eats and Treats.
Leave a Reply