The other day I wanted to make my easy cheesy grilled potatoes and bacon for dinner but we were expecting rain in the afternoon. Since our grill is not protected from the rain, I had to come up with plan b.
I decided that I was going to throw the potatoes in the crockpot instead but I wanted to experiment with something different. After rummaging thru the pantry shelves, I came out with a packet of chili seasoning mix as my solution.
I lined my crockpot with foil, leaving enough overhanging the edges to cover the potatoes. I then sprayed the foil with a generous coating of non-stick spray.
I cleaned and cubed about 8 smaller sized russet potatoes and threw them in a large mixing bowl. I then added the chili seasoning packet, cheese and bacon bits and mixed everything together.
I poured the potatoes into the crockpot and gently folded the foil to cover them. I placed the lid on the crockpot, turned it on high and walked away.
Four hours later, I came back to find the yummiest, most tender potatoes ever! The cheese was evenly coating the chili seasoned potatoes and the bacon was cooked perfectly.
This is such an easy and flavorful solution to boring potatoes. And all you need is 4 simple ingredients and just a few minutes of prep time!
- 6 - 8 russet potatoes (depending on size)
- 1 packet chili seasonings (you can only use 1/2 if you think a full packet is too much for you)
- 3 oz bag Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Line crockpot with foil leaving enough hanging over the edges to fold over and cover the potatoes. Spray foil generously with non-stick cooking spray.
- Clean and cube potatoes. In a large mixing bowl, toss together the potatoes, chili seasonings, bacon bits and cheese. Pour into foil lined crockpot.
- Fold foil so that the top of potatoes are completely covered. Put lid on crockpot. Cook on high 4 - 5 hours.
Leave a Reply