I’d say that any recipe that starts with cheese and bacon has got to be a hit. And these grilled potatoes are no exception. They were amazing! Perfectly cooked and the bacon, cheese and butter gives them fabulous flavor.
If you’ve ever been to the Texas Roadhouse restaurant, their “cheese fries” appetizer is one of our favorites. These potatoes tasted just like them! They have just about the same exact taste except theirs are made with steak fries and mine are made with fresh potatoes. Yum!
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Cook cubed potatoes in microwave for 10 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and salt then spread them onto a large piece of foil. Sprinkle bacon on top and dot with butter. Close foil around potatoes in a closed packet shape.
- Place on a hot grill and cook for 10 minutes. Open up packet and toss potatoes. Cover back up and continue grilling for 10 more minutes.
- Open packet again and top potatoes with shredded cheese and re-cover. Remove from grill when all cheese is melted, about 3 – 5 minutes. Serve hot and gooey!
from Tasty Kitchen
Tara @ the pleased plate says
Just found your site and love it! Food and beauty are two of my most favorite things!!! Looking forward to seeing more on here!
Tara @ the pleased plate recently posted..marinara sauce
Thanks Tara! You can kinda call me obscessed with makeup and cooking. Nice to meet someone else who has my same likes!