With Summer comes the ease of cooking outside on the grill. One of my favorite side dishes with grilled steaks or chicken breasts is potatoes cooked on the grill. I usually just slice them and add onion between the slices then wrap them in foil but this time I wanted something different.
I took my inspiration for these delicious grilled potatoes from restaurants like Texas Roadhouse who feature fries smothered in melted cheese and bacon. So I threw some stuff together and they came out mouth watering good.
I left the skins on my potatoes but feel free to peel them if you prefer. I also cut mine into cubes but you could slice them as wedge fries or thick steak fries instead. Whatever you prefer will work.
Feel free to be creative with additional toppings too. Hubby is picky so I’m pretty limited but you could add sour cream, onions, peppers, etc. You can also vary up your shredded cheese too.
Just be warned that this is not a healthy recipe. They’re greasy, gooey, but oh so yummy! This is one of those recipes you pull out once or twice a year when you need some comfort splurge food.
- 5 medium potatoes, washed and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 container of real bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Fiesta or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Line a grill safe pan with foil (I used one of those grilling saute pans with the holes in it). Add your cubed potatoes and drizzle with the olive oil. Add the salt and pepper and toss evenly until potatoes are all coated in oil.
- Cut butter into thin slices and place on top of the potatoes. Cover the top of your pan with foil and place pan onto preheated grill on high.
- Grill potatoes for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cheeses and bacon and recover with foil.
- Cook for another 10 minutes without stirring. Serve warm while cheese is still melted.
Leave a Reply