Another day, another tasty recipe! My husband is kind of obsessed with tater tots. He loves going to Sonic just because of those golden little gems.
So when I saw this broccoli cheddar tater tot casserole recipe, I knew I had to make it just for him. It turned out really good.
An ooey, gooey, cheesy concoction. The cheese smothers the broccoli so you just might be able to get your picky eater convinced that it tastes good enough to eat!
The original recipe combines chicken into the casserole but I left that out and served grilled chicken on the side instead.
- 2 small cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 small cans cheddar cheese soup
- 1 & 1/2 Cups milk
- 8 - 10 Cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 bag Tater Tots, frozen
- 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place soup and milk into a large pot over medium heat. Whisk until smooth and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and cook for 5 additional minutes to soften slightly.
- Stir in hot sauce, salt and pepper. Pour mixture into 11×7 inch baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top evenly with tater tots and cheese; bake for 20 minutes then cover with foil. Bake for an additional 15 minutes with dish covered with foil.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate.
Leave a Reply