The pumpkin bread I made a few weeks ago was so delicious that I was craving another round. For a bit of a change, I made these pumpkin muffins with a yummy crumble topping.
The recipe is so unbelievably quick and easy. No electric mixer required. Just some bowls and a few utensils.
I used a large muffin pan for my batch cause I like ’em big! This batch made 6 perfect large muffins for me.
These pumpkin muffins turned out so soft and moist. The crumble topping is a nice addition but it’s really not necessary.
You can easily leave the crumbles off and still have delicious pumpkin muffins.
- 1 & 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl; mix together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl; whisk together the eggs, pumpkin puree, oil and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Make crumble topping by combining butter, flour and brown sugar until small lumps form.
- Scoop batter into muffin pans, filling each muffin 3/4 full. Sprinkle even coating of crumbles on top of batter.
- Bake 20 - 22 minutes or until toothpicks come out clean.
Recipe from I Wash You Dry.
Leave a Reply