Summer is a great time for fresh fruit. So much so that it’s hard to resist buying it all because it looks so pretty.
That happened to me last week with fresh red raspberries. They looked so plump and juicy that I had to have them even though I didn’t have a clue what I was going to do with them.
So they sat in my fridge for a couple days until I decided to make these delicious raspberry streusel muffins. These yummy little gems turned out nice and moist with surprise little bits of sweet red raspberries tucked inside.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups fresh red raspberries
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Beat the eggs with the buttermilk, add the melted butter, blending well.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and allspice together. Add half of the dry ingredients to the buttermilk mixture. Stir to blend, add the remaining dry ingredients, again stirring just to blend.
- Gently fold in the raspberries. Spoon into the muffin cups and top with streusel topping.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- (For streusel topping) Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry blender until crumbles form.
These muffins look so amazing! My raspberries should be coming on within the next month! And who could turn down streusel? I certainly will be saving this recipe for future reference!!! Thanks!
Love the idea of fresh raspberries – and the red muffin liner just makes them look even more delicious!
Cath recently posted..First birthday cakeBabushka Mumma and Baby
Thanks Cath, the raspberries do add a nice sweetness to them.