Boy I can’t believe how quickly the holidays are coming this year. It feels like Halloween was just the other day but then I look at my calendar and *poof*, Thanksgiving is only two weeks away!! How in the world did that happen?!
Although I hate for the holidays to come so quickly, I am looking forward to the week after Christmas. We’ve decided to both take that week as vacation during which we’ll tackle our kitchen! We’ve been in our home now for over 10 years even though it was only to be our “starter” house. And with the state of the economy right now, it looks like we’ll be staying for a few more.
We’ve already put a ton of money, blood, sweat and tears into remodeling our house and we’ve kinda maxed out what we’ll be able to get out of it when we sell. So unfortunately we won’t be installing a gourmet kitchen but at least I’ll still be getting new cabinets, granite counters, tile floor and back splash. It sure beats our old cabinets that I painted a few years back so I’m very excited!
With our planned kitchen demo approaching fast, I’m trying to get in my fill of baking. These little yummy bites are amazingly tasty and super easy to make. You could use your own homemade brownie recipe but why not make it easy on yourself and just use a boxed mix?
The little mini cupcake bites turned out so cute that I may make them again as Christmas cookies. With only 1 box of brownie mix you get over 3 dozen mini bites! Now that’s what I call stretching a buck! With my batch I made 24 mini cupcake bites and 6 regular sized cupcake bites.
Anyone who loves chocolate and peanut butter will absolutely devour these! With the peanut butter centers they are rich though. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!
- 1 box of Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into mini muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon).
- Bake according to box instructions for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet.
- After brownies are out of the oven, use the back of 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.
- Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir. While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Recipe from Baked Perfection
These look so delicious. Thanks for posting this recipe!
For other great treats, check out: http://inspiringpretty.blogspot.com/2010/12/christmas-tree-brownies-on-peppermint_21.html
sounds delicious. going to try it. But what about time for baking brownies. Doesnt seem like they would be done in 15 min
Yeah, I’d maybe start with around 20 minutes and then check them from there. It will really depend on how big the pan of brownies you decide to make. Hope they turn out good for you!
Made these yesterday! ohhh so good!
Great! I’m so glad you tried them and liked them. They’re a quick and easy treat. Thanks for commenting!