Have you ever thought about adding some smoked sausage to a bowl of mac & cheese? That is exactly what this Cheesy Sausage Pasta Skillet tastes like! This recipe is so easy and only takes one pan and about 30 minutes to make.
The pasta turns out so creamy and delicious. It has a nice light cheesy taste with the sausage adding a bit of smoky flavor.
All you need to do is take a deep skillet and brown your sausage slices, onions and garlic. Add in some chicken broth, diced tomatoes, milk and pasta. Let that simmer until your pasta is cooked through then add cheddar-jack cheese.
Voila, dinner is served!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced (flavor & brand of your choosing)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 10 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat olive oil. Add the onions and sausage and cook until lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, pasta, salt and pepper. Mix well. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes, until pasta is cooked to your liking.
- Take off the heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Serve when the cheese has melted completely.
Adapted from Yellow Bliss Road.
Leave a Reply