I love fresh broccoli and it’s one of the few vegetables that hubs will actually eat without any fuss. But just cooking them with salt and pepper can get a little boring after a while. So I decided to try my hand at some roasted broccoli with a handful of baby carrots thrown in.
This unique recipe caught my eye because it calls for a nice variety of spices as well as grated cheese and bread crumbs. I knew that would result in some great flavors. And just as I expected, these veggies were very flavorful! I left mine a touch on the crisp side but if you prefer them softer, add a few more minutes to your cooking time.
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- juice squeezed from 1/2 of a fresh lemon
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut fresh broccoli into florets, rinse and let drain. In a mixing bowl; whisk together the garlics, pepper, salt, oregano, basil and lemon juice. Add the broccoli and carrots then mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spread broccoli and carrots evenly in single layer. Sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese on top.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove, turn veggies over and continue roasting for another 15 minutes or until your desired tenderness.
adapted from: What’s Cookin’ Italian Style Cuisine
claudia @whats cookin italian cuisine says
These look fabulous as I know they tasted… the skies the limit in roasting veggies… I now just love cauliflower and carrots got the family to actually love it too~ a task in itself! thanks for the mention xo~
claudia @whats cookin italian cuisine recently posted..Samoas Knockoff Cookie Bars
Various ways of cooking veggies helped me greatly in convincing my kids to eat them.
Marlene recently posted..Online Speech Pathology Programs