I’m always looking through my pantry to see what goodies I can come up with without going to the store. A bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips caught my eye this time.
At first I was going to just make chocolate chip ice cream but I kinda think that’s boring. Chocolate chips just don’t do that much to vanilla ice cream in my opinion. So instead, I wanted to do chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips in it.
I went in search of just the right recipe and came to choose one from the Nestle kitchens. It’s an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes prep time before putting into your ice cream machine. The end result is a nice and sweet creamy chocolate ice cream dotted with chocolate chips.
I’m always looking for more homemade ice cream recipes to try. If you have a favorite, leave it for me in the comments so I can try it too!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and the condensed milk until chips are melted completely. Remove from heat.
- Gradually combine the chocolate mix with the half and half, heavy cream and vanilla.
- Transfer mixture into your ice cream machine and mix for 25 – 30 minutes. Coarsely chop the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips and add to ice cream maker half way through. Transfer to freezer safe container for later snacking.
Recipe from Meals.com
Leave a Reply