One skillet is all it takes to make this hearty and filling Chili Mac. No boiling the pasta first. Simply brown some ground beef, add additional ingredients and away you go!
I chose to use whole wheat penne pasta in mine but feel free to use any kind of pasta and shape you choose. I love that this is an all in one meal with the veggies already inside.
You definitely could add or take away any of the ingredients to customize it to your family’s tastes. Next time I make this I think I’m going to add some green and red peppers to the mix.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (Del Monte zesty chili style)
- 3 cups pasta
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 and 1/2 cup black beans (undrained, unrinsed)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown your ground beef.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, the raw pasta, and the water. Add in the chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on medium for 15 - 20 minutes or until the pasta is almost done.
- Add the corn and black beans, decrease temp to low. Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off. Top with shredded cheese, cover with the lid and let sit for a few minutes or until the cheese melts completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply