This Cheeseburger Macaroni recipe is an easy option for a quick, hearty weeknight meal. You end up with a delicious mix of ground beef, pasta and spices all in a creamy homemade cheese sauce. But don’t let that scare you, it’s really simple to make. Let’s get started!
First you’ll need to brown some ground beef in a large skillet. Drain the fat and add a can of Rotel, beef broth, taco seasonings and uncooked elbow pasta. Let that simmer for about 15 minutes, until macaroni is tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan. Whisk in some flour and cook for about 5 minutes. Whisk in some milk and bring the mixture to a boil. Once thickened, remove from heat and stir in some shredded cheese and salt and pepper.
Pour that delicious cheese sauce into your cooked beef and macaroni mixture. Stir until everything is goldeny delicious.
The Rotel adds a bit of kick to this cheeseburger macaroni but it’s not overly spicy. If you or your family is not a fan of spicy, simply substitute a can of petite diced tomatoes for the Rotel.
Good stuff! Much better than anything boxed you’ll ever buy.
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat. Drain fat.
- Add in Rotel, taco seasoning packet, beef broth and uncooked macaroni.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer about 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook about 5 minutes, whisking often.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Whisk often and cook until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour cheese over cooked beef and macaroni mixture. Stir to combine.
Recipe from Kevin & Amanda.
Leave a Reply