This recipe for soft sugar cookie bars would be perfect for taking to a family picnic or gathering. It makes a huge 13 x 18 pan full of yummy sugar cookie bars. They are super soft and the cream cheese icing is to die for. It’s not too sweet and sugary, just right. And they look so pretty in the pan or cut up into squares and arranged on a platter.
Soft Sugar Cookie Bars
from Let’s Dish
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Cover your 13 x 18 baking pan in foil and set aside. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until blended. Add vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl; mix the flour, salt and soda. Gradually add to your wet mixture and blend until combined.
4. Spray your foil covered pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread dough evenly into pan. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until top starts to brown and toothpicks come out clean. Let cool completely before icing.
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
4 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
4 cups powdered sugar
3 – 5 tablespoons milk
1. With your electric mixer and a whisk attachment, cream together the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and salt.
2. Gradually begin adding powdered sugar and milk and mix well between. Continue until you reach the desired icing consistency. Spread onto cooled sugar cookie bars and top with sprinkles if desired.