Ever since I published my recently assembled list of 20 mouth watering pumpkin recipes, I’ve been dying to make something pumpkin. This pumpkin recipe didn’t make the list simply because I hadn’t come across it until right now.
These pumpkin biscotti cookies are to die for! If you like spiced pumpkin flavors, this is a real treat. I wasn’t expecting so much flavor since the whole batch only called for 1/2 cup of pumpkin but boy was I in for a surprise! They are a delicious accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee or tea on these cool fall mornings and evenings.
from Pioneer Woman
2 & ¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 & ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon cloves
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350°. Stir together 2 and 1/2 cups flour, the salt, sugars, baking powder and spices. Combine well.
2. In a measuring cup, break the eggs and mix with the pumpkin and vanilla. Combine egg mixture with the flour mixture. Mixture will be thick and a little hard to work with. Add more flour if needed. Combine.
3. Divide dough into 2 portions. Take one portion and mold it into a cylinder or log about 8 to 10 inches long, adding a dusting of flour if needed. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, and place it on the cookie sheet with the other log.
4. Bake for 28 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 15 minutes. Remove one loaf to a cutting board and slice into 3/4? thick slices on a slight diagonal.
5. Place cut slices on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the other loaf, filling up both cookie sheets. Return to the oven for 8 minutes. Turn pieces over and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
***Want more great pumpkin recipes? Visit my list of 20 mouth watering pumpkin recipes!***