Looking for a quick holiday dessert recipe that looks amazing but only too you a few minutes to prepare? Look no further than this homemade cranberry cake.
I made this beauty for Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe just screamed holidays to me with it’s fresh cranberries inside. It’s such an easy and quick recipe to make but you’ll receive so many compliments on how pretty it is. Your guests will think you slaved over it!
And oh what a delicious cake it is! It’s basically a moist buttery vanilla cake with sweet bits of tart cranberries baked in. So good! I served my cake with some homemade vanilla whipped cream that I spiced with a bit of pumpkin pie spice. The whipped cream helps to tone down the tartness for anyone who doesn’t like that kind of thing but it’s great without it too.
Festive Cranberry Cake
from One Cake Two Cake
3 eggs, room temp
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into chunks
1 & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons whole milk
2 cups flour
12oz bag of fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 10″ springform pan and set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar until thick enough to form ribbons when beater is removed. Add the butter and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
3. Beat in the salt and milk. Don’t be alarmed if the batter looks a bit lumpy, that’s perfectly normal.
4. By hand, stir in the flour and then the cranberries. Pour into the greased pan and bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and run a knife along the outside edge of the cake. Let cool completely before removing the outside ring.