If anyone else is living with a cookie monster disquised as a grown man then you know how frustrating it is to spend a good amount of time baking a batch of cookies only to have them disappear in less than one day. So much time and effort gone in the blink of an eye.
This quick and easy cookie recipe has been the answer to my prayers. A few simple ingredients mixed together and tossed in a spring form pan. Easy peasy, instant giant chocolate chip cookie!
No more fussing with cookie trays, scooping or rolling dough balls. It takes me about 15 minutes to make the cookie dough and another 25 minutes to bake it.
The chocolate chip cookie tastes really great too. It’s so soft and melts in your mouth. Now my cookie monster is free to go wild with his giant cookie. I don’t mind if he instantly devours it cause I can quickly and easily make another whenever I please!
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl until completely melted. Transfer into the bowl of your electric mixer.
- Add brown sugar and beat on low until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Gradually add the dry mixture into the wet mixture beating it until combined together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Spray spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the pan to the edges.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until egdes and the top start to brown. Remove from oven and let set 10 – 15 minutes before releasing from pan. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from What’s Gaby Cooking.
Leave a Reply