I’ve never been a big huge fan of brownies but I do love me some Oreos. So naturally when you add Oreos into brownie batter, you betcha I’m gonna eat me some!
I thought it might be weird to have crunchy cookies in brownie batter but they actually soften and just blend into the batter. The crushed Oreos on top do add that bit of crunch. The white chocolate drizzle is optional but I liked that added touch of sweetness on top.
This isn’t a wimpy brownie recipe either, you get a generous 9×13 pan of brownies out of it. Not just a scrawny 9 inch square baking pan. I hate going through the trouble of making homemade brownies to only get a tiny pan that hubs devours in an hour. Oh yeah, he can hoover brownies like no other!
Give these brownies a try, they are very good. Next time I need a picnic dessert, I think I’m gonna take these. They are sure to be a crowd pleaser plus they are so rich that a small piece goes a long way.
adapted from Jessiker Bakes
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 bag semisweet chocolate chips
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 whole eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup and 2 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoon flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 dozen chopped Oreo cookies
remaining Oreo cookies, chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Butter and flour your 9×13 baking pan, set aside.
2. In a heat safe bowl; melt the butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate over simmering water (double boiler style). Once smooth, let cool slightly.
3. With your electric mixer; whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Slowly add the cooled chocolate mixture and blend well. Let come to room temp.
4. Sift together the 1/2 cup flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture.
5. Take the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and stir Oreos in it. Add Oreos into chocolate batter and blend. Pour into baking dish.
6. Bake 15 minutes, top with additional chopped Oreos and press slightly into top of brownies. Bake additional 15 – 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
7. Microwave white chocolate chips til melted. Transfer to a plastic sandwich baggie, snip the corner and drizzle onto brownies. Let cool.