If you like a good gingersnap cookie that won’t bust your teeth into pieces, this cookie is for you. These gingersnap cookies are so soft!
They’ve also got a great ginger and molasses taste. I’d call these dangerous cookies cause it will be hard to eat just one!
Soft Gingersnap Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 & 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 & 1/4 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 3 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- extra sugar for rolling dough balls in
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar til smooth and creamy.
- Beat in molasses, oil, vanilla, soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, mix well. Gradually add in the flour.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and toss to coat entirely in granulated sugar. Place onto parchment lined baking sheets 2? apart.
- Bake 10 minutes, edges will be starting to firm up but middles will still be soft. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Leave a Reply