Fall is my absolute favorite season and mostly because of pumpkin flavored and scented products. My yearly tradition: starting the fall season off by using Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin body lotion. I look forward to it every single year.
For a family Labor Day picnic this year, I decided on making a Pumpkin Spice Cake. I decided on this yummy recipe from one of my Taste of Home cookbooks.
As you can see, the recipe is made up of simple ingredients and only takes a few minutes to put together.
The cake turned out delicious! It was so moist and flavorful. A nice blend of spices and pumpkin for fall and the holidays. I will definitely make this recipe again!
- 1 boxed spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, water, oil, pudding mix and cinnamon. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost cake or serve with whipped cream.
Instead of using a cream cheese frosting, I decided on a simple Buttercream Frosting.
From Taste of Home.
Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING says
Jenny’s Cookbook shared this recipe today on my blog as a guest post (and linked back to you….) so I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this awesome recipe. I’ve already made it too! And it’s a favorite! Thanks a million!
Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING recently posted..Fresh Puree’ Pumpkin
Thank you Tina for linking back to my site. I’m so glad you both liked the recipe enough to share it with your readers. Much appreciated!