This One Skillet Gnocchi and Meatball recipe is so quick and easy that it makes a perfect weeknight meal. You can have this delicious dinner whipped up in 30 minutes or less. Here’s how!
This recipe calls for your favorite frozen meatballs but if you want to use your own meatball recipe, that would be fine as well. All you need to do is saute some onions and garlic in olive oil.
Brown up your meatballs and then add in some broth, crushed tomatoes, frozen gnocchi and some seasonings. Simmer until gnocchi is cooked through then toss in some mozzarella cheese.
That’s it! So simple but such a tasty and hearty meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 15 oz frozen Johnsonville Fully Cooked Italian Style Meatballs (thawed)
- 8 oz beef broth
- 28 oz RedPack crushed tomatoes (w/ basil, garlic, oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- (2) 6 oz frozen gnocchi
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium/high heat in a large skillet. Add onions and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes. Add meatballs and cook until evenly browned.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, oregano, Italian seasonings and gnocchi. Cover skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until gnocchi are cooked through.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and then use the other 1/2 cup sprinkled on top. Cover with lid and let the cheese melt.
Adapted from Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet.
Leave a Reply