Change is in the air. Days are getting shorter, weather is getting crisper. It’s time to gather all your best soups, stews and chili recipes. This quick and simple Crockpot Chicken Chili is a must try!
I’m not a fan of red meat in general. My husband on the other hand is another story. As you can imagine, this makes dinner time quite challenging for me to plan out.
I like to try out new things, as much as possible, but prefer meatless recipes. My husband, on the other hand, would eat meat and potatoes every day of his life if he could.
The one thing we can meet in the middle about is chicken. It’s pretty much the saving grace of our relationship, lol.
So when I saw this chicken chili recipe on Pinterest, it peaked my interest. And the fact that you can just toss everything in the crockpot from the get go won me over.
Let me just say that this crockpot chicken chili is awesome stuff! It is so flavorful, filled with lots of good stuff and just the right amount of spicy.
It turns out nice and thick as well. No watery chili here. You could practically stand your spoon up in this stuff.
To start, just line the bottom of your crockpot with some chicken breasts. Pour everything else on top and give it a good stir. Cover with a lid and walk away.
After about 4 hours, you’ll need to pluck the chicken breasts from the crockpot and give them a good shred. Toss ’em back in and mix it all up. That’s it!
I made a quick batch of my favorite Sweet Cornbread to go with this chicken chili. I love this cornbread recipe because it comes out so fluffy and moist with just the right amount of sweetness.
The perfect complement to something spicy!
- 1 - 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 (14 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 14 oz can of dark kidney beans
- 14 oz can of cannellini beans
- 14 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup canned or frozen sweet corn
- 1 and 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add everything else on top of the chicken breasts and give it a good stir. Cover crockpot with the lid and cook on high for 4 - 5 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken and shred it. Return the chicken to the crockpot and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Adapted from The Slow Cooking Housewife.
Leave a Reply