I’m pretty sure hubby and I could live on shredded chicken. It has so many versatile uses that you could make it something more interesting each day.
Take this Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken as an example. We piled ours high on fresh, fluffy bakery buns but used the leftovers on a homemade pizza with some bacon and mozzarella cheese.
That’s just the start of it though. I’ve used shredded chicken like this in quesadillas, on salads, in tacos, on homemade sheet pan nachos and more!
That means all I have to do is cook a big batch in the crockpot early in the week and I’ll get several days worth of tasty meals with very little effort.
This barbecue beer chicken was so stinking easy. Just mix a few basic ingredients in the crockpot and then add the chicken.
After several hours, your chicken will be so tender, moist and falling apart. Shred it and toss it back into the bbq sauce still in the crockpot.
You get a flavorful and tangy shredded chicken that everyone will go nuts over. This is a great one for game day as well. Buy little slider buns and let everyone help themselves.
You can easily make this the day before and then reheat it just in time for kick off!
- 1 & 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup beer, any kind
- 2 cups barbecue sauce, your choice
- Add all ingredients, except the chicken, to the crockpot. Whisk to combine.
- Add chicken making sure the sauce covers the chicken completely.
- Cook on high 3 - 4 hours or until chicken starts to fall apart.
- Remove chicken and shred. Put back into the bbq sauce and stir to coat.
- Cook on low for another 10 - 15 minutes so chicken can come back up to temp.
Recipe adapted from Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body.
Leave a Reply