As you can see, I’m still pumpkin crazy here! This time around I made some moist pumpkin muffin tops with chocolate chips added in.
I can’t believe Halloween is just around the corner. Where is this year going so fast?! This weekend I’ve gotta spend some time preparing for Trick or Treat night…not that I know when it is or anything.
Our neighborhood is so screwy when it comes to Trick or Treat. We don’t have kids so I never know when it’s going to be and our borough always schedules it days before Halloween. I hate that!
It always comes as a surprise to us so I’ve gotta make sure I get candy stocked this weekend. Halloween is next Sunday but I wouldn’t be surprised if Trick or Treat for us is Wednesday or Thursday, grrr! That’s no fun at all to me! It should be at least the day before if not on Halloween, that’s just my two cents though.
- 1/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips (your preference)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In an electric mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the pumpkin, buttermilk, eggs and molasses; mix completely.
- In a separate bowl; combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Gradually add the dry mix to the wet pumpkin mix and blend well. Mix in chocolate chips, if desired.
- Fill muffin top liners half full (or regular muffin liners 2/3 full). Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
LaVerne Collier says
These look so yummy! I love the paper cups and the recipe sounds easy. Anything pumpkin for me too.