Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce give these mashed potatoes a nice smoky flavor. They went perfectly with our grilled steak and chicken last night. Add in butter and cheddar cheese and you get smooth and creamy mashed potatoes with some unique flavors. This recipe makes a pretty big batch of potatoes. For the two of us, we’ll get two meals out of this. Yummy!
Chipotle Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 2 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons Adobo Sauce (from the chipotles)
- 1 & ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Add potatoes and garlic cloves to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook at a rolling boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain off water and return potatoes to pot.
- Add butter, milk, salt, and pepper. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or mixer.
- Add chipotles, adobo sauce, and cheese. Mix potatoes well. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Tasty Kitchen
Leave a Reply