We eat a lot of chicken around here so it gets pretty boring after a while. One way I like to spice things up (literally ????) is with a good marinade. This quick and easy buffalo chicken marinade does the trick.
All you need to do is whisk together hot sauce, honey and lime juice with some spices. You’ll need to set some of it aside to use while cooking the chicken. The rest gets poured into a Ziploc bag along with your chicken breasts.
I like to let my chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or more. After that, all you need to do is grill your chicken as you normally would and top it with the remaining glaze you set aside earlier.
That’s it, easy peasy! You’re chicken gets transformed into a spicy hot morsel with just a bit of sweetness. It’s so good!
Your buffalo chicken can get used in so many different ways. We sliced ours up and made fresh chicken salads for dinner. Use yours in tacos, quesadillas, salads or just eat it as is.
- 1 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Frank's Hot Wings Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- reserved marinade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, honey, lime juice and spices. Measure out 1/4 cup and transfer to a small bowl, cover and set aside for later.
- Whisk in the olive oil. Pour marinade into a Ziploc bag and add chicken breasts. Seal, toss bag to coat chicken and place bag in a shallow dish. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Remove marinated chicken from bag, discard leftover marinade. Cook chicken as desired.
- While chicken is cooking, remove that 1/4 cup marinade you set aside earlier. Whisk in the honey and lime juice.
- As chicken gets close to being done, brush on the glaze mixture.
Recipe from Carlsbad Cravings.
Leave a Reply