Grilling season is in full swing at our house and my husband’s favorite is grilled steak. Good steaks can be so darn expensive at the supermarket and I just refuse to pay those kinds of prices.
I always stick to steaks around the $10 mark (for two) and kick it up a notch with a good marinade. A little bit of added flavor can go a long way.
This classic steak marinade includes staples that you probably already have in your pantry if you cook often. The lemon may be the only thing you don’t have handy but you can omit that if you like.
Let’s get grilling!
Classic Steak Marinade Recipe
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- juice of 1 entire lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
1. Add all of the ingredients to a one gallon plastic storage bag. Seal bag and mix everything together by squeezing with your hands.
2. Add your raw, thawed steaks into the marinade and seal plastic bag again. “Smoosh” around the bag contents until steaks are completely covered with the marinade.
3. Place plastic bag into a bowl or casserole dish, in case of any leaks. Store marinating steaks in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
4. Remove steaks from marinade and grill them up! Discard the remaining steak marinade
Looks delicious right!? Feel free to share this awesome steak marinade recipe with your friends!