Yesterday just seemed like one of those days. It just felt like nothing was going right…at all! I’ll spare you all the details but let’s just say it included wasting 3 hours of my Sunday afternoon running around like an idiot correcting someone else’s error. Not the hubs’ so don’t worry!
So by the time dinner came around, I just did not feel like going out for dinner. So instead, I whipped up this yummy pepperoni pizza.
I had saved this pizza crust recipe a while back and had been dying to give it a try. The crust turned out really good. The bottom was nice and crisp while the crust was nice and soft. A perfect late Sunday evening dinner while we enjoyed one of our guilty pleasures, True Blood.
Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
½ cup warm water
2 & ¼ teaspoons instant yeast
1 & ¼ cups water, room temp
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cups flour
1 & ½ teaspoons salt
1/2 cup pizza sauce of your choice
8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
24 – 30 slices pepperoni, I used turkey pepperoni
1. Dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup warm water for about 5 minutes. Add the oil and the rest of the water and mix.
2. In your electric mixer bowl, place flour and salt. Slowly pour in the water mixture and begin mixing with the dough hook. Continue kneading on medium speed for about 10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour.
3. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 1 hour. Punch dough down and split in half. Form into two eqaul balls and let rest for another 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 500°. Place 1 dough ball in a freezer bag and freeze for later use. Roll out the other ball to desired thickness. Transfer to pizza pan and roll crust edges if desired.
5. Spread evenly with pizza sauce of your choice. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with pepperoni.
6. Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.Let cool slightly before slicing and eating. Enjoy!