Quesadillas are one of my favorite go-to quick and easy meals for a busy work night. They only take a few seconds to throw together and a few minutes on the stove top. I usually make ours with chicken but recently decided to try something new.
We’ve eaten the Lloyd’s BBQ pulled pork before on sandwich buns and really liked it. So I wondered if it would taste just as good as a quesadilla. So I gave it a whirl!
I had some corn and black beans left over from a recipe the night before so I thought I would add those into the mix as well. Let me say, these are yummy! And a bit messy, but that’s ok with us.
The Lloyd’s barbecued pulled pork is a bit on the tangy side and has a bit of bite to it. The corn added just a hint of sweetness to the mix. I really enjoyed these and I know we’ll be making them again!
BBQ Pulled Pork Quesadillas
4 flour tortillas (burrito sized)
1 tub of Lloyd’s bbq pulled pork (or any brand you prefer)
8 oz bag shredded cheese of your choice (I used a fiesta blend)
½ cup canned corn (optional)
½ cup black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
1. Heat a flat pan on medium (I use a round pancake pan).
2. Lay down 1 tortilla shell.
3. Sprinkle a bit of cheese evenly over the tortilla.
4. Add a generous helping of the prepared, pre-cooked barbecue pulled pork and spread evenly.
5. Top with corn and black beans.
6. Add a generous layer of cheese over everything. Top with another tortilla shell.
7. Let cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until cheeses start to melt and the bottom tortilla is starting to brown.
8. Very carefully, flip over your quesadilla. You’ll want to do this quickly or else your ingredients will fall out everywhere.
9. Let cook for another 3 – 4 minutes until this side starts to brown. Do not walk away and check frequently because quesadillas can burn fast if you’re not careful.
10. Remove to a cutting board and let set for a few minutes. Cut and enjoy!