Quick and easy is the name of the game during these hot summer days. These chicken breast sammies start with an easy marinade and end with just a few minutes of grilling.
For these types of chicken sammies I use thin sliced chicken breasts but you can use regular breasts if you like. I like the thin ones cause they cook in just a few minutes and they’re easier to eat on buns.
The marinade consists of just 4 ingredients including hot sauce and fresh lime juice. But not to worry, these are still family friendly. The lime juice seems to have cut down on the spiciness.
The chicken is nice and moist with very little “hotness”. It actually tastes more sweet than hot. Next time I’ll be adding some pepper jack cheese to spice it up a bit more.
Bacon Buffalo Lime Chicken Sammies
- 1 cup Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice (1 medium lime should do)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 – 2 lbs thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 – 10 slices bacon
1. In a gallon plastic bag, mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken breasts and toss sealed bag until contents are mixed and chicken is completely coated. Place bag in a casserole pan, in case of leaks, and refrigerate for 6 – 8 hours.
2. Remove marinated chicken breasts from the fridge and heat up that grill! In the meantime, fry up your bacon and set aside.
3. Grill your chicken breasts, tossing remaining marinade in the garbage. The thin breasts will only need about 5 minutes of each side depending on how hot your grill gets.
4. Add your cooked chicken breast to your favorite buns, top with 2 to 3 slices of bacon. Cheese and other toppers are optional. Serve with some chips or your favorite frozen fries.