It’s always an exciting day when Urban Decay releases a brand new eyeshadow palette! The new Naked 3 palette ($52) has a beautiful rose gold theme similar to that of the Lorac Unzipped palette which I’ve been lusting over.
Unlike the previous Naked 1 and Naked 2 palettes this one is 12 brand new shades. There are a few matte shades, 4 satin shades and 6 shimmer shades in this palette. A double ended eyeshadow brush is also included.
Naked 3 eyeshadow palette includes:
- Strange – pale neutral pink matte-satin
- Dust – light pink shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter
- Burnout – light pinky-peach satin
- Limit – light dusty rose matte
- Buzz – metallic rose shimmer w/silver micro-glitter
- Trick – light metallic pinky-copper shimmer w/tonal micro-sparkle
- Nooner – medium pinky-brown matte
- Liar – medium metallic mauve shimmer
- Factory – pinky-brown satin
- Mugshot – metallic taupe shimmer w/slight pink shift
- Darkside – deep taupe-mauve satin
- Blackheart – smoky black matte w/rosy red micro-sparkle
The first three shades are a little on the light side while all the others are nicely pigmented. I did experience a bit of fallout with the glittery shades such as Dust and Trick but that’s to be expected with most glittery Urban Decay shadows.
The packaging for this third Naked installment is the same metal type case as the second one. This one has a rippled texture that looks like fabric. I happen to like the metal case since it’s easy to wipe down and it’s nice and sturdy.
All in all I’m pleased to have this in my collection. What are your feelings about the Naked 3 palette? I’m really hoping that someday we will see an all matte Naked collection.