Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter

October 24, 2011

Yesterday I ran over to my local Rite Aid in search of Halloween candy.  We’re only a week away from Halloween so I wanted to be prepared for trick or treat night.  You can’t go into Rite Aid or CVS without looking to see what’s new in cosmetics right?  Cause that would be just crazy.  I’m so glad I took a gander though cause I found something really cool!

revlon lip butter

Revlon has come out with tinted lip butters!  Whoa, what?  Yep, you heard me right.  I guess it’s a new addition to their already popular Colorburst line.  I’ve only had them for one day and I’m already obsessed!  I so want to go back for more colors.

The collection consisted of so many color shades that it was really hard to pick without being able to swatch them.  I settled on three colors: Brown Sugar, Cotton Candy and Peach Parfait.

revlon lip butter

These lip butters feel really nice on my lips.  They go on smoothly with a nice amount of sheer color and shine.  I like that they feel more like a lipstick and not like a flavored chapstick or gloss.  I recently tried the Maybelline Baby Lips and I like these way more for that reason.  They don’t leave any stickiness and there’s no scent or flavor.

If I had to compare these to something, I’d say they remind me of Dior Addict lipsticks.  Only they are way, way cheaper.  I bought the Revlon lip butters for $7.49 each while the Dior Addict lipsticks cost $28.00 each.  They both give the same amount of sheer color and feel almost exactly alike when worn.

Dior addict lipstick and revlon lip butters

I really like these lip butters a lot.  I hope they become part of Revlon’s permanent line.  Have you tried these yet?  If you have, what’s your favorite color?

Brown Sugar, Peach Parfait and Cotton Candy

revlon lip butter swatches

Top: Cotton Candy, Middle: Peach Parfait, Bottom: Brown Sugar

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Sarah October 25, 2011 at 11:26 am

Oh my god these look great! It’s hard to tell from the pics but do they have any sparkle to them?

Amanda October 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Hi Sarah. They do seem to have a very tiny amount of shimmery sparkle in them but it’s not noticable once on.

Kristi October 28, 2011 at 2:54 am

They are permanent. ;) Revlon said they won’t hit shelves till January. Until then, women are going to go nuts trying to find them. I have eight!

Amanda October 28, 2011 at 11:14 am

Oh good, I’m so glad they’ll be permanent! I’m obscessed with them, I have 4 more colors to post soon. Thanks for the info!

Kimberly November 3, 2011 at 2:25 am

Sad to say I haven’t tried them but I like the review and I think that it is great that they are cost efficient yet have the same fabulous effects. The colors do look great and I can’t wait to give them a try. Thank you for sharing.

Amanda November 3, 2011 at 10:36 am

Thanks Kimberly. I’ve only heard people say good things about them so I think Revlon’s got a winner on their hands. Now if only they would make them easily accessible for everyone. Thanks for commenting!

Stacy November 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I found some at my local CVS. I have Peach Parfait (some shimmer) Berry Smoothie, Creme Brule (sheer nude) and Pink Truffle. Very nice colors. I do detect some scent but its not really noticeable once its on your lips.

Amanda November 9, 2011 at 12:52 pm

Cool! I’ve been seeing these at a lot more places now. Both my local CVS and Rite Aid have them and I even saw them at the Ulta in Monroeville PA too.

Cynthia November 10, 2011 at 10:12 pm

Checked both my local Rite-Aid & CVS. They don’t have them yet. :/

michelle November 15, 2011 at 6:14 pm

No, I have not try them but, just taking an overveiw of them they just seem so cool. I keep chap lips, but this would take care of 2 things at once. Lip balm and lip stick. Also I hope that I will be your lucky winner to win 3 of the colorburst lip butter. wishing very hard to win I never win any thing, so let me have some of that great butter you have.
Thanks