Chicken wings are quickly becoming one of our favorite weekend splurge meals. They’re pretty simple to make and with just the right sauce recipe , they are very tasty and comforting.
I was leery to try this barbecue recipe at first since it’s vinegar based and hubby is not too fond of vinegar. If it was up to him, we’d have sweet honey bbq sauce every single time. I’m trying to stay open minded and am more willing to try new recipes. So since I do the cooking, he’s stuck eating what I make him, hahaha!
This barbecue sauce recipe is definitely strong in flavor. If you don’t like vinegar, this may not be for you. Some of the vinegar does cook off so my husband didn’t dislike them as much as he thought he would.
Balsamic Barbecue Glazed Chicken Wingsfrom La Bella Cook
1 cup balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 dozen chicken wings
1. Heat oven to 375°.
2. Combine everything but the chicken wings in a small saucepan and stir until all the ingredients are incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
3. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. While sauce is simmering, cover a jelly roll pan in foil. Toss all the chicken wings in a bowl with a little salt and black pepper and spread them out on the foil lined pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Remove wings from the oven and dip them into the sauce and return them to the pan. Bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Baste the chicken wings again in bbq sauce and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
7. Let wings cool until easily handled, then devour!