Nothing makes my life easier than my beloved, trusty crockpot. When I throw ingredients in that sucker, I can count on a tasty dinner that took me barely any effort.
Take for instance this so very delicious Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken I made recently. Doesn’t it look so good!? The way the honey barbecue sauce just makes it look like glossy, sticky candy.
And speaking of candy, these honey sesame chicken little nuggets of glory have such a sweet yummy taste. My mouth is actually watering now just thinking back on how good this was.
I was worried the picky husband would turn his nose up at this one since he’s not a big sesame fan. But overall it didn’t have an overwhelming sesame flavor, just a hint. He actually loved it and went back for seconds.
This honey sesame chicken recipe couldn’t be any easier. Just cut your chicken into cubes, mix the rest of the ingredients together and toss it all in the crockpot!
Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken
from The Gunny Sack
1 & 1/2 – 2lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
1 cup honey
¼ cup barbecue sauce
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
½ teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 & ½ teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon minced dried onion flakes
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
6 tablespoon cold water
2 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Cut your chicken into 1 inch cubes and toss in the crockpot.
2. In a medium mixing bowl; whisk together the honey, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes.
3. Pour the mixture into the crockpot and stir chicken to coat evenly. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
4. The sauce will still be pretty runny so you want to remove the cooked chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
5. Pour the sauce into a larger saucepan and cook over medium heat. Whisk together the water and cornstarch til no lumps remain. Pour it into the sauce.
6. Stirring frequently, continue cooking the sauce on low until it thickens up.
7. Add the cooked chicken into the sauce and continue cooking on low until the chicken is heated back up to your desired temp.
8. Serve over rice ( I used brown) and savor the flavor!