Whew, now that title’s a mouthful isn’t it? I bought flour taco shells not knowing what I was going to do with them. Luckily I had all of these ingredients on hand and thought they’d make yummy tacos. And they did!
The breading is really great and sure does add some kick. They definitely are spicy so I drizzled ranch dressing on my tacos to bring down the heat a little.
Spicy Panko Breaded Chicken Tacosfrom Southern Spice Gourmet
4 – 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 cup panko crumbs
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
flour tortilla shells
shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Cut chicken breasts into strips about 1 – 2 inches thick. Mix the milk and hot sauce together in a shallow dish. Add chicken strips and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In another shallow bowl, mix together the panko and all of the spices.
4. Transfer the chicken from the milk mixture into the panko crumbs mix. Coat chicken strips evenly and transfer to baking dish or sheet. (I used a cookie sheet with my silpat on top)
5. Bake the chicken for 20 – 25 minutes turning halfway through.
6. Serve chicken in flour tortilla shells and top with shredded cheddar cheese, tomatoes, and lettuce. (optional) I topped my tacos with ranch dressing to tone down the spice perfectly.