This pork roast recipe is another easy to assemble and walk away meal. Just pop the pork in the crockpot and top it with the honey, Parmesan cheese mixture. When you return hours later, you’ve got a moist pork roast that easily pulls apart.
The honey parmesan mixture gets turned into a thick sauce after the pork is fully cooked. Just add a bit of cornstarch and water and it becomes almost like a rich barbecue sauce. It has a great sweet and tangy flavor to it.
This recipe is very unique. I’ve never tasted anything quite like it and was surprised you could get such a great sauce from grated Parmesan and honey. And it makes the house smell amazing! I could even smell it outside with the windows closed!
Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
from Six Sisters’ Stuff
2-3 lb boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1. Spray the interior of your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork on the bottom.
2. In a medium bowl; whisk together the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt. Pour over pork. Cover with lid and cook on low for about 6 hours.
3. When meat thermometer inserted into pork reads 160°, remove from slow cooker. Place pork roast onto a serving plate and cover with foil.
4. Remove the juices from the crockpot and separate the oil out. Discard the oils but pour the good meat juices into a medium sauce pot.
5. Mix together the cornstarch and water til smooth. Gently add that to the meat juices and stir. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens to a gravy like consistency.
6. Slice or pull apart pork roast and drizzle about half of the sauce over top. Serve the rest of the sauce on the side for those who’d like a bit extra.