If you like a good gingersnap cookie that won’t bust your teeth into pieces, this cookie is for you. These gingersnap cookies are so soft! They’ve also got a great ginger and molasses taste. I’d call these dangerous cookies cause it will be hard to eat just one!
Soft Gingersnap Cookies
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 & 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
1 & 1/4 teaspoons cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
3 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
extra sugar for rolling dough balls in
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar til smooth and creamy.
2. Beat in molasses, oil, vanilla, soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Mix well.
3. Add the eggs, mix well. Gradually add in the flour.
4. Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and toss to coat entirely in granulated sugar. Place onto parchment lined baking sheets 2″ apart.
5. Bake 10 minutes, edges will be starting to firm up but middles will still be soft. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.