I’m simply amazed at how good these darn pulled pork sandwiches turned out. We’ve been buying all of our meat and chicken from Whole Foods lately. I know it may sound absurd to some people, but I can tell the difference in their meats and poultry. It’s so much more tender and cooks like a dream.
The pork in these sammies practically melted in our mouths. It was so delicious! I know we’ll have these again since they were practically effort free.
BBQ Pulled Pork Sammies
4 – 5lb Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt
1 & 1/2 – 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
Dry Rub Ingredients:
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tsp Chili Powder
1 Tsp Cumin
1. Mix together all of the above dry rub ingredients. Rub the mixture onto the entire piece of pork. Cover and refrigerate the meat overnight.
2. Early morning: place pork into crockpot, add 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 – 10 hours.
3. Remove pork from the crockpot and let cool until it can be easily handled. Set aside 1 cup of the juices from the cooked pork, discard the remaining. Shred cooked pork by hand or with forks, removing and discarding any fatty bits. Return shredded pork to the crockpot.
4. Add 1 & 1/2 to 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce to the crockpot. Add in the 1 cup of reserved juices and stir until mixed thoroughly.
5. Serve a heaping pile on soft sandwich buns. Dig in & enjoy!!