Yesterday I was in the mood to bake. Since I always seem to have chocolate chips on hand, I once again chose a chocolate based recipe. This time…Chocolate Chip Scones!
I found this delicious recipe on the Hershey’s Kitchen website. This was my first attempt at scones and they are surprisingly easy to make. And they turned out super yummy!
I’ve bought bakery made scones before and they always seemed a bit dry. More like a crumbling biscuit. Not this recipe! These scones turned out nice and moist. More like a fluffy cookie and not the biscuit type texture. Give these a try, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Chocolate Chip Sconesadapted from Hershey’s
3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
2 cups chilled whipping cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Additional granulated sugar
*I used half dark chocolate chips and half white chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes).
Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired. 24 scones.