Casseroles always seem to be a good choice when I’m planning my weekly meals. For one, they are usually easy to assemble. And for two, you can usually eat them for several days afterward.
When looking for a good casserole choice, I always like to choose something that goes well with anything. This week, along with our buffalo cheeseburgers, I decided to attempt a recipe found at Chaos In The Kitchen.
It’s got just the right combination of veggies and carbs. And who can argue with anything so cheesy!
Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole
1 pound of fresh or frozen broccoli florets
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
4 cups cooked white rice
3 cups colby shredded cheese
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 3 quart casserole dish with a lid.
2. Saute onion, celery and fresh broccoli if using (you don’t have to saute frozen broccoli since it is usually parboiled) until soft.
3. In the casserole dish, stir together veggies, rice, 1 to 2 cups of cheese and soup.
4. Cover with remaining cheese and bake, covered, for about 45 minutes or until hot.
5. Remove the cover to brown cheese.